Business Development Manager (VIC)
Advance Vision Technology (AVTech) have been designing ICT innovations for over 30 years. Our team draws on decades of industry insights. Yet we remain nimble as we deliver strategic solutions to bolster businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our commitment to maximising client value has fuelled our expansion across Australia and Asia. Our start-up spirit continues to spark fresh solutions and our focus on service excellence is as strong as ever.
About the Role
We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our Melbourne team to extend our reach by cultivating new, untapped business opportunities and relationships. As a BDM, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and driving sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and forging strong client-stakeholder relationships.
The role requires comprehensive awareness of the advancing IT industry, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and potential clients;
- Develop and implement strategies to pursue opportunities and secure new business for the company;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, including key decision-makers and influencers, to ensure their needs are met and that the company is seen as a trusted partner;
- Grow company revenue and market share while achieving KPIs and GP targets;
- Understand and embrace a strong understanding of AVTech’s managed services and solutions portfolio;
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and execute sales strategies, provide support on complex deals, and ensure that sales targets are met.
- Embrace industry trends, new technologies, and the competitive landscape to ensure that the company is well-positioned to take advantage of new opportunities and stay ahead of the competition;
- Develop high-quality proposals and presentations that effectively communicate the company's value proposition and solutions to key stakeholders;
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and conferences to network with potential clients and stay up to date with industry trends;
Effectively manage a pipeline of opportunities and activity levels and ensure CRM compliance;
Complete sales training and certification as required;
Documentation and reporting as required;
Travelling as required.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in business development and sales hunting within the IT industry;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and work effectively with internal teams;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills demonstrated by previous experience and ability to create sales proposals and presentations;
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify new business opportunities and develop effective sales strategies;
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and driving revenue growth;
Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously;
- Willingness to travel as required to attend industry events and meet with clients;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related discipline.
A positive, results-oriented and customer-focused attitude;
Self-motivated and if required, willing to work outside the normal business working hours to meet business and client expectations;
The ability to adapt to a changing environment that requires proactive and innovative solutions.